Bookkeeping Virtual Assistant Course
List Price $997.00
Our Price $597.00
You Save $400.00 40%
Member Price $397.00
Here's What You'll Learn in Mauricio's 6-Week Bookkeeping VA Course!
Week 1 - Accounting & QuickBooks Fundamentals: "Understanding the Language of Business & QuickBooks"
- Learn why understanding this simple formula will save you hours and hours of work.
- Learn how to read the two most important statements in Accounting and why business people find them so crucial to running their business.
- Learn to use a simple tool that will allow you to master a key concept that some considered too difficult to teach at the college level yet all CPAs have to master.
- Learn easy it is to process Cash Basis Accounting in QuickBooks and which clients are allowed or not allowed to use this method.
- How to create a chart of accounts from scratch and why it will save you hours of work if you create it properly -- and I'll show you exactly how to do that.
- The built in tools that will remind you of Microsoft Word which will help you keep your work accurate and timely.
- The easy way to book a funds transfer using the Transfer Funds function in QuickBooks.
Week 2 - Customers: "Keeping customers happy while keeping their accounts current"
- What to say and how to say it -- communicating with your client's customers.
- The 10-key print calculator -- do you need one? I'll explain who does, who doesn't, how to use it and which ones I recommend.
- Find out when to use a Sales Receipt and when to Use an Invoice.
- Learn the step by step process to creating an Invoice for your customer in QuickBooks and how to decide the best way to send it - it's not as simple as it appears.
- How to apply a Credit Memo, process a Refund or Assess Finance Charges to a customer's account in QuickBooks.
- How to book payments received from your customers and how to make sure their accounts stay as "current" as possible.
- What an "item" is and how to use them so that your work becomes easier and not more difficult.
Week 3 - Vendors: "Processing timely vendor payments"
- What is Accrual Basis Accounting, why so many bookkeepers fear it and so many business owners live by it - why I don't fear it and why you never will either.
- The simplest way to enter a Bill in QuickBooks.
- When to and when not to use "items" to enter Bills and the simplest way to do it.
- Accounts Payable - what it means to you and what it means to your client.
- Paying bills - when to use the Cash Basis system even though your client uses the Accrual Basis Accounting.
- Keeping your vendors happy… even when you pay them a little late.
- How to enter your Credit Card Charges in QuickBooks -- it's a great feature and it will save you a great deal of time and your client a great deal of money.
Week 4 - Payroll: "Paying employees accurately and timely"
- Do you process payroll yourself or do you outsource it -- find out why most companies do the latter.
- Processing payroll yourself -- each painful step and timeline you must meet to prevent severe penalties.
- Booking the payroll expense -- even if you outsource the work you still have to book it.
- How to create journal entries to book payroll and other important transactions.
- How to use Excel to create the spreadsheets that will ensure the accuracy of your journal entry and increase the efficiency in your work.
- Contractor or Employee -- why you need to worry about it and how to find the answer.
Week 5 - Reconciling & Reporting: "Ensuring accuracy and giving your client the information he or she truly wants"
- Learn the step by step process to reconcile your bank statement as well as your credit card statements to ensure the accuracy of your financial statements.
- How to go through the Balance Sheet and Income Statement line by line to ensure transactions have been booked properly and how to correct them right then and there.
- How to customize reports for greater client analysis.
- Using QuickBooks' built help function -- what they offer, how to use them, and which one's my favorite.
- The General Ledger -- how to access it and how to use it. They say it's only for Accountants but I'll show you how to understand it so well that when the Accountants find out how well you know it they'll be asking you to access it often.
- How to conduct the crucial meetings with your clients to go over their financial statements -- what to say and how to say it to keep them feeling confident in your work.
Week 6 - Your Bookkeeping Business: "Creating your business, managing your company and selling your services"
- Entities -- what they are and what you need to know before you choose one.
- What will you need by when -- computer, internet access, filing system, calculator.
- Marketing -- Your Unique Sales Proposition. It will make the difference between charging the lowest price and the highest the market will bear.
- Your website and email address -- it's not just a link, it's a marketing tool.
- How virtual do you want to be? Working for clients who would like to see your smiling face from time to time.
- Bottom line -- how much can you charge for your services for both online work and offline work.
- Networking -- why in the world of Accounting it continues to be the most effective way to get clients and the step by step process for you to master that skill.